When I was on the plane the other day I came across the best snippet in Self Magazine:
“5 Songs Not To Put On Your Workout Playlist”
as told my Martha MacIsaac from NBC’s 1600 Penn.
1. Kelis’s “Milkshake.” ‘Cause it always makes me crave an actual milkshake.
2. Anything by Bon Iver – You’ll fall asleep. But if my gym had a napping room, I’d be there more often.
3. Sarah McLachlan’s “Angel” (aka the ASPCA song). Those sad puppies…
4. Jack Johnson’s “Bubble Toes.” Unless you’re working out in Birkenstocks around a campfire.
5. Nickelback’s… everything. We all love a Nickelback joke, am I right?
I literally laughed out loud on the plane reading this. I always see workout playlists, but I’ve never seen a list like this. Too funny!
Speaking of workouts, there is only one rule I have: thou shall never sweat in silence.
Music is crucial while getting your sweat on at the gym. Have you ever forgotten your headphones and had to listen to the person next to you pounding on the treadmill? Ya, been there done that. There’s nothing more irritating. Needless to say I only last about 10 minutes in the gym when that happens. My favorite types of workout classes are the ones with the best music because you find yourself getting so into it!
Spinning without music would be miserable!
I thought it would be fun to introduce you guys to my musically inclined friend Kevin. He’s a total music maven with a great ear for finding new bands and music that will have you hooked and wanting more. Each season he takes to his website to share mixes of his favorite bands and newly discovered artists. Not only are his mixtapes insanely good, they’re 100% free too! Browse around Kevin’s website MOMENTARY to find your perfect workout playlist and discover some new bands!
Each mixtape is 100% free for you to enjoy, inspired by the season, no one artist repeats on a tape, and displays cover art designed by Kevin at MOMENTARY ART!
One of my favorite’s “MOMENTARY SUMMER MIXTAPE VOL. III ” has some great finds from Coachella 2013 and a track from the new Great Gatsby Soundtrack. It’s a must hear! Go to MOMENTARTOFFICIAL.COM to download the mixtape for free!
1. Capital Cities – Safe & Sound
2. Foals – My Number
3. Gold Fields – Dark Again
4. Phoenix – Trying To Be Cool
5. DIIV – Follow
6. Tame Impala – Elephant
7. Mac Demarco – My Kind of Woman
8. Jessie Ware – Running
9. Lana Del Rey – Young & Beautiful (Kulkid Remix)
10. Young Wonder – Time (Feat. Sacred Animals)
11. Toro y Moi – So Many Details
12. Flume – Sleepless
13. The Presets – Fall
14. Empire of the Sun – Alive
15. Walla – No Time
16. Dan Croll – From Nowhere
17. Alt-J – Breezeblocks
18. Washed Out – New Theory
19. Chrome Sparks – Marijuana
20. Elizabeth Rose – Again (Feat. Siden)
21. Purity Ring – Grammy (Soulja Boy cover)
22. Chad Valley – I Owe You This (Feat. Twin Shadow)
23. Classixx – Borderline
24. White Arrows – Coming or Going (RAC Remix)
25. Major Lazer – Get Free (Feat. Amber Coffman)
“Fresh to Death” by Kevin/MOMENTARY ART.
Facebook: Momentary Official
Oh, and his French Bulldog, Griffey is famous.
Tweet us @EatRabbitFood and @m0mentary with the hashtag #momentarymix and let us know what you think of the mixtape!
Question: What is your favorite workout song, and one you would NEVER add to your workout playlist?