The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Nutrex Hawaii.
Spirulina, so good even Justin Timberlake sings about it!
– What is Spirulina?
Spirulina is algae! Yes, that means from sea!
– What’s the hype?
For starters, Hawaiian Spirulina is a complete protein, meaning it has all the essential acids. Excellent for vegetarians! It’s tallies up to 60-65% protein (compared to fish, which is up to 35% protein).
1 Tsp (3g) of Spirulina contains a rainbow of nutrients which is why Nutrex Hawaii wants you to #ColorYourDiet:
- Orange: Beta carotene for immune system support
- Yellow: Zeaxanthin for eye and brain health
- Green: Chlorophyll for anti-toxin benefits and iron content
- Blue: Phycocyanin for inflammatory balance
- More than 94 trace minerals & elements.
- More antioxidant power then 5 servings of fruits and vegetables!
In addition to being an excellent source of protein, Hawaiian Spirulina has been scientifically shown to support a healthy immune system.
More than 200 scientific studies document its broad range of health benefits. Many people have also reported increased energy levels after regular consumption of Spiruilna!
– How is Nutrex Hawaii Spirulina Pacifica grown?
Nutrex Hawaii is located on the pristine Kona coast on the Big Island of Hawaii. Their farm draws on the natural resources that surround them –
abundant warm sunlight, pure deep ocean water and 100% fresh water drawn from Hawaiian aquifers to cultivate Hawaiian Spirulina Pacifica and BioAstin Hawaiian Astaxanthin.
– Where can I buy Spirulina?
Use Promo Code: FFSUMMER13 for 25% off until July 31!
I love adding spirulina to my smoothies, it’s a super easy way to add nutrients. The smoothie recipe below has a great balance of whole grains, produce, and healthy fat. It’s a huge energy booster with tons of healthy benefits, yet it’s extremely delicious! Plus it is really hearty and filling, you won’t be hungry again for hours!
Super Spirulina Smoothie
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup frozen spinach (or 2 cups fresh)
1 frozen banana
1/4 cup rolled oats
2 Tbsp unsalted almonds
2 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp Nutrex Hawaii Spirulina Pacifica powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
6 drops liquid stevia or other natural sweetener
6 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy cold.
Note: If you do not have a high powered blender such as Vitamix or Blendtec, start by blending the hard ingredients (i.e. almonds, oats, and spinach) with the almond milk to ensure they are thoroughly blended. Then gradually add the other ingredients. You could use a Tbsp more of almond milk or water to get the blender running smoothly because this smoothie is rather thick.
Side Note: If your blender cannot handle almonds at all, substitute for 1 Tbsp of unsalted almond butter.
Nutrex Hawaii also offers Spirulina Pacifica in tablet form. I prefer the powder because I like adding it in smoothies and to some of my kale chips recipes!
Be sure to checkout their BioAstin antioxidant supplement for joint and tendon health, skin, brain, & eye health! Since I have tons of food allergies, I love addicting this to my diet for added benefits!
One lucky RFFMBT reader will win 1 bottle (141g) of Nutrex Hawaii Spirulina Pacifica Powder, 1 bottle of 100 Nutrex Hawaii Spirulina Pacifica Tablets, 1 bottle of 25 BioAstin gel caps, Spirulina – Nature’s Superfood Book, and Natural Astaxathin book!
For your chance to win:
1. Comment on this post telling me why you want to try Nutrex Hawaii Spirulina!
2. Tweet ” Enter @EatRabbitFood’s @giveaway to #win @SuperNutrient #NutrexHawaii #Spirulia & more! #ColorYourDiet http://bit.ly/12ZWSGl ”
– Leave a separate comment with the url to your tweet!
3. Instagram a photo of a smoothie along with the IG handle @rabbitfoodformybunnyteeth and hashtag #RFFMBTspirulina
– Leave a separate comment with the url to your Instagram Photo!
This means you can earn up to 3 entries!
Contest ends on Thursday, July 11th at 11:59pm PST.
Winner will be announced on Friday, July 12th! Must use a valid email address when entering.
Contest is open to International bunnies too!
Like Nutrex Hawaii? Show them some love on Facebook & Twitter!
* The giveaway has ended and the winner will be announced on Friday, July 12.