This past weekend I took to my Facebook page to ask what your favorite Halloween candy is. Not just because I couldn’t stop thinking about candy, but because I wanted to do a Healthy Halloween recipe for you guys! Winning by a landslide was your favorite chocolate pb treat, Reese’s!
Today I have vegan-ified those little chocolate cups of heaven and traded in the peanut butter for nutritious MaraNatha Maple Almond Butter!
Warning: This product is highly addictive! I literally ate spoonfuls of this straight out of the jar! As a product that is completely raw with no preservatives, no additives, and no artificial flavors or colors I have to give this 5 stars. It’s smooth yet still has that authentic gritty almond texture mixed in and spreads nicely. The taste is absolutely on par. You get a hint of the maple without it being too overpowering or too sweet. The “no stir” addition makes it soooo easy to use, especially when you keep it in the refrigerator. No more chunks of hardened almond butter stuck in the bottom of the jar!
Here is why my Reese’s Redo is a part of Healthy Halloween!
Learn why this sweet treat isn’t just delicious, but nutritious too:
5 Fast Facts About Almonds:
- contains calcium, zinc, magnesium, and iron
- packed with protein
- loaded with fiber
- contains many important B-complex groups of vitamins
- filled with heart-healthy monounsaturated fat
5 Fast Facts About Coconut Oil:
- super high in lauric acid
- rich in antioxidants
- contains natural microbial and anti-bacterial agents
- improves metabolism
- can help improve cholesterol
5 Fast Facts About Maple Syrup:
- contains manganese and zinc
- high levels of antioxidants
- helps with inflammation
- 1/4 cup contains more calcium as the same amount of milk
- 1/4 cup contains more potassium than a banana
5 Fast Facts About Raw Cacao Powder:
- contains over 300 compounds including protein, copper, calcium, magnesium, zinc and iron
- super high in anti-oxidants
- contains 4 different neuro-transmitters that act as anti-depressants
- contains essential fatty acids
- can help to lower blood pressure
Make sure to read all the way through the post for your chance to win some MaraNatha goodies to make your own Vegan Reese’s Almond Butter Cups!
mix the chocolate
freeze for 15 minutes
drop 1/2 Tbsp of MaraNatha Raw No Stir Maple Almond Butter in each chocolate cup
cover and fill to the rim with remaining chocolate
freeze for 15 minues
Vegan Almond Butter Cups
1/2 cup Maranatha Coconut Butter
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
2 Tbsp grade b pure maple syrup
3 oz of Maranatha Raw No Stir Maple Almond Butter
12 mini cupcake liners
Line a mini cupcake tin with mini cupcake liners. Melt coconut butter/oil and combine with the raw cacao, and maple syrup in a medium size bowl and stir until well combined. Divide the chocolate liquid in half and reserve one half for the “top layer” of the almond butter cups. Pour the chocolate evenly in each liner and freeze for at least 15 minutes or until hardened. Remove the tin from the freezer. Drop 1/2 tablespoon of Maranatha Maple Almond Butter at a time on top of each frozen/hardened chocolate cup. After almond butter has been dropped into each cup, pour the remaining half of the chocolate until filled to the top and almond butter is covered. Carefully place them into the freezer (to expedite the process) for at least 15 minutes or until hardened. Keep almond butter cups in the refrigerator until served because they will melt and lose their shape at room temperature if the coconut butter/oil begins to melt.
It’s your chance to win some goodies from MaraNatha!
One lucky RFFMBT reader will win 1 jar of MaraNatha Coconut Butter, 1 jar of MaraNatha No Stir Raw Maple Almond Butter, 1 jar of MaraNatha No Stir Coconut Almond Butter (brand spanking new product!)!
For your chance to win:
1. Comment on this post telling me your favorite way to eat almond/nut butter.
2. Instagram a photo of how you enjoy almond or nut butter with the handles @RabbitFoodForMyBunnyTeeth @MaraNatha and hashtag #RFFMBTmaranatha
- Leave a separate comment with the URL to your Instagram photo.
This means you can earn up to two entries!
Giveaway ends on Thursday, October 24th at 11:59pm PST.
Winner will be announced on Friday, October 25th! Must use a valid email address when entering. Open to U.S. residents only.