I am a huge fan on no-sew projects from recycled clothing. If you were a fan of my no-sew DIY Workout Shirt, you will enjoy this one as well. Plus they will look très chic when worn together! Behold, a scarf that is perfectly lightweight and easy-to-wear to your Yoga or Bar Method class and stylish enough for running errands around town!
Oh, and did I mention there is no sewing required?!
DIY Multi-Strand Scarf
Makes one stylish scarf
1 old T-shirt (the bigger the better)
1 pair of scissors
1. Start with a large T-shirt. Any old shirt will do! Seamless is a plus!
2. Cut off the bottom hem of the shirt. Then cut 1in – 2in wide strips horizontally across the shirt from bottom to armpit. You can cut as many strips as you would like (I liked my thick strips the most). The more strips, the more strands your scarf will have. You can use a ruler to guide a straight line across the shirt, but don’t worry if they aren’t perfect.
3. Set the bottom hem aside. Stretch all of the remaining strips until they become long, and the raw edges start to roll inwards.
4. Cut one end of the bottom hemline so it becomes a string.
5. Using the strip of bottom hemline, knot it around the strands to secure them in place.
6. Wrap the strip a few inches around the center of the scarf, and back over to meet the other ends. Knot the ends together tightly.
7. Trim the loose ends and tuck the knot underneath the wrapped fabric.
Viola, a stylish scarf to wear to yoga! Wear it long or bundle it up, it’s super fun and easy-to-wear!
Post or email your photos if you make a scarf! I can’t wait to see your creations!