I cannot believe Easter is this weekend! This year is going to go by so fast. Sorry for the lack of posts, bunnies! I am the maid of honor in my best friend’s wedding on May 2nd and I threw her a bridal shower last Sunday (a DIY from the shower coming this week)! On top of throwing the shower, I also had two house guests here from out of state so everything was a little hectic! I have seriously been dying to make more YouTube videos! I already have an absurd list of things I want to film for you guys and I cannot wait! For now, enjoy this super cute healthy Easter recipe!
These adorable little Coconut Cottontails (meant to look like fluffy bunny tails), mimic the flavor of a Coconut Cream Pie Larabar! If you are somebunny who likes Larabars, no bake snacks, or coconut, these are def for you! You may not carrot all (ha ha ha), but I just have to tell you that this recipe is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan, and made from only 6 ingredients (one of which is water)!
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup cashews
1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
8 Medjool dates (I love Natural Delights)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 Tbsp water
1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Mix the almonds, coconut and cashews in a food processor until finely ground.
2. Add the dates, coconut oil, and water and pulse until dough forms.
3. Transfer dough to a separate bowl. Pour shredded coconut into separate bowl and set aside.
4. Using a measuring spoon, scoop the dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls. Roll balls in the shredded coconut until well coated.
5. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for one week or the freezer for one month.