I remember seeing a banana oat cookie recipe floating around Pinterest a couple of years ago and I thought it was too good to be true. Welllll I pintested it and it was a total flop. My cookies were rubbery and looked like one of those typical “NAILED IT!” photos. It was bad. Like most of the omgsupercool intriguing Pinterest recipes that I’ve tried, I got super frustrated, annoyed, and never tried it again.
Well, here I am years later conquering the banana oat cookie, and not to toot my own horn but, TOOT FREAKING TOOT I actually nailed it! In the correct kind of nailed it way. And these cookies are seriously magical! The original recipe called for cinnamon, vanilla, and raisins, but I am giving a big N-O to those ingredients for my magical cookies. I’ve also mastered the ratio of ingredients so your cookies don’t look like a pile of unicorn poop when they come out of the oven. You’re welcome.
I am happy to tell you that these cookies are gluten-free (make sure to buy uncontaminated oats), vegan, nut-free, seed-free, dairy-free, soy-free, wheat-free, refined sugar-free, and absolutely magical. Plus, you might just happen to have two super ripe bananas on your counter just waiting to be used… for cookies!
3 Ingredient Magic Cookies
Yields 20 cookies
2 large ripe bananas
1 cup whole rolled oats
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (I love Enjoy Life brand)
additional ¼ – ½ cup rolled oats as needed to thicken batter
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place bananas and 1 cup of oats in a food processor and blend until the bananas are smooth but you can still see bits of oats.
3. The consistency will depend on the size of your bananas, so if your mixture is too runny, transfer to a bowl and fold in ¼ cup of whole rolled oats to make it thicker. If the dough still isn’t stiff enough, add another ¼ cup of oats. Add chocolate chips and mix in with a spoon.
4. Using a 1 Tbsp sized measuring spoon scoop heaping spoonfuls of dough and place onto parchment paper.
5. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until tops are golden.
If you follow me on Snapchat, you probably saw me making these cookies yesterday!
Snapchat Username: @EatRabbitFood
I’m off to Disneyland today with Matt and his family for his sister Olivia’s birthday!
Be on the lookout on my Instagram if you’re at Disneyland today, I have a little surprise planned!
Health & Happiness