Guess what? Today is the last day of July which means… FOODIE PENPALS REVEAL DAY!
Last month I decided to join Foodie Penpals, which is a program created by another blogger named Lindsay, also known as The Lean Green Bean. Foodie Penpals is a fun program that matches food lovers as penpals each month!
Foodie Penpal Details:
- 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. You will send a package to someone different than from whom you receive.
- Your package is to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!
- The spending limit is $15.
- The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe.
- 15th of the month, you put your box of goodies in the mail.
- Last day of the month, reveal the Foodie Penpal package you received in a post!
- Open to bloggers and blog readers.
Click here for more information about becoming a Foodie Penpal! Who knows… we could get matched as Foodie Penpals! xo
My first Foodie Penpals were Heather from Brownsburg, IN and April from Austin, TX! I was assigned to send a package to Heather, so I sent her some of my fav goodies from LA which conveniently arrived on her birthday making my first Foodie Penpals experience pretty memorable! April was assigned to send a package to me, and after exchanging a few emails, I was so excited to learn that she was from Austin, TX; where the flagship Whole Foods store is! April sent me some REALLY yummy goodies! The coolest part about April’s package was that I had never tried any of these items before!
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?!
- Mint Double Fudge Bite-Lettes by Laura’s Wholesome Junk Food: O.M.G. My sister and I nearly finished the entire container in a matter of hours… SO. GOOD. and vegan. and healthy. and amazing. April… you’re the best!
- austiNuts Chili Lime Cashews: Loved that she sent me something local from Austin! These cashews had the perfect amount of chili, perfect amount of lime, and a perfect little kick!
- Hint Raspberry-Lime Water: I’m a huge fan of natural flavored waters versus artificially sweetened and flavored waters but had never tried Hint before. I loved the light flavor.
- Late July Organic Vanilla Bean with Green Tea Cookie Sandwiches: These were awesome! The taste is similar to Oreos, but they have ingredients that you can actually pronounce haha.
- Mints in a Moustache Tin: Cute addition! I can tell April has a sense of humor!
Thanks for the vegan treats from Austin, TX April! You’re so sweet! xo
Interested in joining Foodie Penpals?! Get more information here!