Any LÄRABAR lovers out there? I am totally addicted to them! There are so many great things about these bars that I don’t even no where to begin! Maybe with their mission.
“At LÄRABAR, we believe that the foundation of a sound mind, body and spirit is derived from what you eat. And what you eat is most delicious and satisfying when it’s in a whole, natural state.”
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Soy Free
- Made from 100% whole food
- Delicious blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices.
- Each flavor contains no more than 9 ingredients.
- Ingredients that you can actually pronounce.
- No added sweeteners or sugar.
- Uncooked and unprocessed.
- Loaded with nature’s own vitamins and minerals.
- Sustaining with no added fillers, preservatives, supplements, or flavorings.
- A great source of natural fiber, protein, good carbohydrates and healthy fats.
- The essential enzymes, which are necessary for the digestion and utilization of nutrients, remain completely intact in their most natural, powerful state.
Pure and simple, just as nature intended.
I have about 10 favorite flavors but the first one I ever tried was love at first bite. Cashew Cookie, oh how I love thee. It’s made of only dates and cashews, and let me tell you, it tastes like a cookie! A pricey cookie though… at about $2.50 per bar, your grocery bill can add up pretty quickly. Since Larabars are made from simple whole ingredients, I though to myself… pshhh I can make these! So I did.
Bottom: RFFMBT bar!
Cashew Cookie Larabars
Makes 6 bars
1 cup pitted Medjool dates
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
1 Tbsp water – if needed
In a food processor, pulse the cashews until they are broken into tiny pieces (do not pulse for too long, as it will turn into powder). Pit the dates and add them to the food processor. Blend the dates and cashews together occasionally scraping down the sides of the food processor. If the mixture is not sticking together, add one tablespoon of water and continue blending. The mixture should stick together and be pliable. Remove the mixture and form into a ball. Place the ball on a large piece of saran wrap. Cover the top of the ball with another layer of saran wrap and flatten with a rolling pin or your hands. Cut into 6 pieces and wrap individually in saran wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Note: Store the bars in the refrigerator or freezer for maximum life.