Motivation Monday: “I don’t sweat, I sparkle!”
Sooo my Q&A did not end up happening on Friday, or even Saturday… but it will be here this week! Trust me, I don’t get my stitches out until August 30th, so there is still plenty of time for me to type away on the couch. There are only so many times that I can see Happy Feet, Kung Fu Panda, and Pirates of the Caribbean on TV. This past weekend turned out to be much busier than I planned. Or maybe it just seemed busier because everything I did ended up taking 10 times as long with my gimpy foot and crutches in tow. My birthday celebrations continued with the arrival of one of my very best friends Kelsie flying in from NY and another birthday dinner with my volunteer group. Amongst the birthday festivities, I still had a few minutes for a healthy baking recipe that is “nothing but good.”
Chobani naturally powered 5 US athletes to the Olympic Games in London 2012, bringing 2 gold medals home for Team Chobani!
I don’t know about you, but I was so happy to see Chobani sponsoring Team USA at this years Olympics. It’s such a refreshing change to see something that athletes most likely consume, compared to unhealthy fast food like McDonald’s being promoted. The more Chobani commercials I saw throughout the games, the less Chobani I saw on the shelves at my local grocer. It looks like their advertising worked, go CHO!
Who said muffins can’t be make for a healthy breakfast? Today I have a recipe for a super moist, fluffy single serving muffin made with Chobani’s new Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt. This little treat is baked without any oil or butter, making for a light protein filled muffin with healthy ingredients. If you’re anything like me, making one dozen muffins is just dangerous. You no longer have to be afraid of eating one too many muffins, because this is a muffin for one. For someone who always wants “just one more” or someone who lives alone, your problem has been problem solved!
Chobani Muffin For One
4 Tbsp Chobani Vanilla Chocolate Chunk Greek Yogurt
3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp liquid egg whites
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp or 1 packet of stevia
1/4 tsp baking powder
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed. Pour the batter into a cupcake liner in a muffin tin. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Enjoy warm out of the oven.
Note: This recipe would also work great with other Chobani flavors such s cherry or blueberry where there are chunks of real fruit!
In collaboration with Chobani, I am hosting a giveaway! One lucky RFFMBT reader will win 6 blended 16oz containers of Chobani Greek yogurt!
For your chance to win:
- Leave a comment on this post “Chobani Muffin For One + Giveaway” telling me your favorite way to eat Greek yogurt!
- You can earn another entry by tweeting: “Enter to win 6 @Chobani 16oz Blenders! Hosted by @EatRabbitFood http://bit.ly/SftpUz .”
- Complete your Twitter entry by leaving a separate comment on this post with a copy of your tweet.
- You can earn an additional entry by taking a photo of your favorite breakfast on Instagram along with the tag @RabbitFoodForMyBunnyTeeth and hashtag #RFFMBTchobani
- Complete your Instagram entry by leaving another comment on this post with a link to your Instagram image.
- That means you can earn up to 3 entries: comment on this post, tweet, and/or Instagram!
- All entries must use a valid email address.
- Contest open to U.S. residents only.
- All entries must be posted by Thursday, August 23 at 11:59pm (PST).
- The winner will be announced on Friday, August 24.
Here is a list of other RFFMBT recipes that contain Greek yogurt:
Carrot Cake Smoothie
Cinnamon Apple Pie Quinoa Parfait
Honey Wheat Protein Pancakes
Cherry Almond Green Tea Smoothie Bowl
Healthy Beet Cookies
Cherry Chia Parfait
Honey Yogurt Covered Grapes
Individual Protein Cheesecake
Quinoa Grape and Sunflower Seed Parfait
* The giveaway has ended, and the winner will be announced on Friday, August 24.
** Congratulations to the winner: Nicole B.